Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back to School

School starts tomorrow. I am excited about the new year. That is one of the great things about teaching that you don't get in other professions. Each fall you get a fresh start, a new group of kids, and a chance to improve on last year. Steven has been to preschool 2 days already, and he really likes it. He especially loves that he has 4 teachers! Ryan and I met his teacher Thursday night and then I met with her Friday morning. She is very nice and has experience with kids on the spectrum. I think she is going to be a great match for Ryan!

Even more exciting than that is Luke will be home in 40 days! Things were pretty crazy over there the other day during the elections. There was lots of incoming and outgoing fire. He had to spend more time in the bunker. It has calmed down a little, but there is no telling what will happen when they declare an actual winner. He is still working on a job over here. He has found several opportunities he is looking in to. Some of them would be part time or contract work that might allow him to work on his master's. That is one of the wonderful things about being debt free. Without all those payments every month, Luke has much more freedom to do what he wants. He doesn't have to worry about bringing home a big paycheck because my salary can almost cover what we need. Financial freedom is amazing!

1 comment:

Rogers Family said...

Good luck tomorrow. I am excited that you guys only have 40 more days. YEAH!!!