Luke was in a bunker until 3:30a.m. last night while the base was under a rocket attack. Luke sleeps in a hut with 7 other guys that he works with. Four more live in a different hut. Theirs got hit by a rocket. Luckily 2 were on leave, 1 was at the office, and the other one just suffered hearing damage. I can't wait for him to get out of that place! Please pray for safety.
There is also a chance he will have to go off base on Wednesday, which will be Tuesday night here. Some of the military units won't take contractors out that aren't armed, and Luke isn't. If they come across the enemy while they are out, the soldiers' priority is to attack, not protect their charges. The guys in Luke's office have asked their company to allow them to carry sidearms, but the company hasn't responded. This could mean that Luke won't be able to get his work done, but I'm okay with that! Even though there are rocket attacks on the base, I feel better with him on base than off.
Luke is also working on finding a job back here in Amarillo. He is pretty worried about finding a job, especially in this economy. He has sent out lots of resumes and has heard very little back. I know God has a plan for Luke. And if we have learned anything the last few years, it is that God's timing is often much slower than we would like. Please pray for Luke to find a job, but also for peace in the meantime.
Thanks for praying!
In other news, I start back to work on Wednesday. The kids don't start until the 24th, so thankfully Luke's parents are watching the boys for me. I am going to take Steven to his preschool one day a week these next two weeks, so he can get used to it before he is there every day. Ryan will be starting first grade. I guess our lazy days of summer are over!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We will say lots of prayers on all accounts!!
We are ready for Luke to be back home with you and to be out of the dangerous situation he finds himself in. I see that he has just over one month...that must be a relief. We can relate to your comment on God's timing... Good luck with the new school year! We will continue to pray for your wonderful family.
Post a Comment