I wanted to give everyone an update on Luke. He turned in his letter of resignation and his last day of work in Afghanistan should be September 30. That should have him home October 1 or 2!
There is a chance that his company may not get their government contract renewed. If that is the case, he may be out of a job September 1. If that happens, there is a chance the company that does get the contract will hire him on. He needs to stay out of the country until September 17 to make sure he gets the tax break he wants. So, if his company doesn't get the contract AND he doesn't get hired by the next company, he may have to kill some time out of the country. I told him I don't want him in Afghanistan 5 minutes if he is not getting paid! He has been looking into cabins in Canada where he could spend some time relaxing and fishing. It sounds boring to me, but he has been living and working in very tight quarters with a bunch of other guys and he could really use the peace and quiet! We are so excited that we are going to see him very soon!
I would like to plan a celebration for when he gets home, but we aren't exactly sure when that will be yet. But I have an idea I was hoping you could help me with. I know there are a lot of people that read this blog and have been praying for Luke while he has been gone. I thought it would be really neat for him to be able to see all the people that have been praying for him. So, if you are one of those people, would you please write a short note to Luke? You can email it, send it in the mail, or even write me a message on facebook. I'll print them all out and put them together for him. I think it would be a neat way to see how the prayers of God's people have been protecting him over there.
Thanks!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment