I got this email from Luke this morning:
"Tom [Luke's boss] just got called into our new colonels office. The 2 star general in charge of the south part of afghanistan put in a request for members of our team to have a 90 TDY (temporary Duty) at his various bases down south. He requested a civil engineer and master planner. Tom suggested a change, sending us a couple days at a time to scope out the areas, then come back here and do the design work. The base commander here has to approve our leaving, since he would be giving up resources. We don't know how he will feel about that. He could squash the whole thing, or send us out. The south is where all the action is, the taliban/drug lord stronghold. I'm not sure if I would rather go out for 90 days in one stretch, or go a few days at a time. A few days at a time would be less time in the dangerous area, but most attacks happen in transit, so I don't really want to make the trip a bunch of times instead of just once. We will see I guess."
So it is time for us to pray that God will not allow Luke to leave the base. If he does have to leave, we will trust God to keep him safe, but let's pray that he won't have to at all!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying!
Post a Comment