Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Travel Update #4

I just talked to Luke from Camp Eggers in Kabul. He was very tired because he had to sleep in a tent and was not issued a sleeping bag or blanket. He said Kabul is higher and colder than Bahgram.
Luke also said there is a whole lot of nothing between Bahgram and Kabul. He said the ride was bumpy and slow. The embassy people are supposed to come pick him up at 10:00 to take him to the embassy. Hopefully he can get a new passport and get out of there quickly.
Luke's report after going to the embassy: "We spent all morning at the embassy, and I think everything is taken care off. They were exceedingly friendly and helpful. I will have to come back in 10 days to get the passport. I'll leave Kabul at 6:30 in the morning on Wednesday the 11th, drive back to Bagram, and get on the plane to go home. The base here is really nice, much more civilized than bagram. they have a great Thai Restaraunt on base that we had lunch at. Real silverware and plates, I didn't know what to do! Tomorrow we are trying the italian diner."

1 comment:

Abby said...

Wow...talk about hospitatlity!