Today was a beautiful, cool fall day. This is my favorite season. And to add to my happiness, I found out that Luke will be home a week from today!
He decided to come home a little earlier than planned to interview for a couple of jobs here in Amarillo. He has talked to the people on the phone, but he wants to meet them in person before making any decisions. And his family won't complain at all if he wants to come home early!
Ryan joined the Tiger Cubs (boy scouts for first graders). His first outing is Trailblazer Day at camp Don Harrington. He is so excited that he will get to shoot BB guns and arrows! I think Luke also moved up the date so he wouldn't miss Ryan's first boy scout adventure!
The plane ticket has Luke leaving Bishtek (don't ask me where that is!) on Wednesday morning, September 23. He goes to Istanbul, Chicago, Dallas, and then is scheduled to arrive in Amarillo Wednesday night at 10:00. It seems like only one day of travel, but there is also a 10.5 hour time difference added to that. Not to mention he still has to catch a flight off of the base. In order to get on a flight to Bishtek, he has to get on the stand-by list 3 days ahead of time. So it is possible he could leave Afghanistan as early as Sunday. If that happens, he can ask the airline if he can fly a day or two earlier. We do need to pray that he gets on a flight out of Bagram sometime between Sunday and Wednesday so he doesn't miss his connections. He is not guaranteed a flight off the base.
I hope my next post will be to tell you that he is home for good!!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so excited for you guys!! We will pray pray pray him home in these final days. Is he going to have been gone long enough to let you get all of your tax breaks? I'm sure that he has figured all of that stuff out!
Oh my, I hope so too! We are all ready for him to be home!!
I am so excited for you and your family!! I know you have been waiting so long to finally be together again for good!!
Yep, yesterday was the full 330 days out of the country, so the tax deal is taken care of.
Post a Comment