Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Proud moment

I got this from Luke this morning:

"Hopefully this is the last email you will get from me from over here. I'm supposed to get on a flight at 2 A.M. I had a proud moment over here today to wrap up this little adventure. Last night one of our RLB's (relocatable buildings) that we designed and built took a direct hit from a 110mm rocket. Unfortunately the container it hit was occupied and one soldier lost his life. However, I'm very proud of our design, the adjacent containers were all occupied as well, and none of those people were even injured. The other times rockets like this have hit occupied buildings 4-8 people have died. SO while it's sad that ones oldier died, it's nice to know that this building that I helped design saved the lives of the 8 people in adjoining rooms. It makes me feel better about my time here. I went through the rooms today and saw the family photos of the soldiers in the rooms next to the one that was hit, and it made me really happy to know that those wives/kids/parents will get their loved one home safely because of our building."

No comments: