Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 9, 2009

Vacation is over

I haven't had time to post anything lately. We got home from Minnesota late last Friday night, and I was back at school on Monday. It was a little rough getting back into the swing of things. It is just so easy to get used to vacation! The boys had also gotten used to vacation, and were actually sleeping a little later in the morning. I've had to wake them up every morning this week so we could all get to school on time.

Luke is doing well. Christmas was pretty hard for him, but now he is focusing on his vacation coming up. He is counting the days until he will be home to Texas for our spring break in March. He has had a little excitement, they have had a couple more earthquakes in Afghanistan. One was a 6.3 and lasted 20-30 seconds. It woke everyone up in his hut and they were wondering if the roof would hold up. Luckily it did!

Luke still expects to have to go make a trip to Kabul in the next few weeks. Please keep praying for his safety. Also, winter has come to Afghanistan. Now when Luke has to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, he has to get up and put on boots to trepsing through the snow. His office is very cold and he has to wear gloves, even inside. He said it makes typing pretty difficult!

Well, that is about all that is new with us for now. I am looking forward to spending the weekend with my boys.

1 comment:

Quinn Family said...

Every morning I worked this week we had to wake Em up also... it's hard. I kept thinking in my head "Wait never wake a sleeping child". Vacation mode is great huh, working in a strange way makes you appreciate family time more! You will all be together soon!