Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 30, 2009

He's on his way back

Today was the last day of Luke's R&R trip home. Ryan and I took the day off from school so we could spend the whole day together. We started the day with donuts, always a great way to start the day! Later we took the kids to ChuckECheese, which is always a special treat for them. When it was time to go the airport, the boys wanted to go in. When we had to give our final hugs, we all started tearing up. Steven wanted to stay and watch the plane leave, but Ryan and I didn't feel like waiting around so we left with the promise of a milkshake.

Luke is on his flight from Dallas to London right now. After London, he goes to Dubai. He has a nine or ten hour layover there before his flight back to Bagram. I'm not sure when he'll be able to get in touch with me. His phone was dead so I guess he won't be calling. Maybe he'll be able to find a computer to use somewhere. I'll keep you posted. Please pray for safe travel.

1 comment:

Rogers Family said...

Makes me so sad he had to leave. I am glad you guys got some extra time together.