Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Taliban is not nice

From Luke this morning:

"Quite the day here. The taliban have decided to crawl out of there holes they were hibernating in. We've had multiple rocket attacks this evening and are sitting under an amber alert.

We also found out today that one of our local national engineers was attacked. He was just given his green badge (basically meaning they treat/trust him as much as any american contractor) last week. He was attacked in his home in kabul. he was beaten severly. They smashed his legs and knees so bad he probably won't walk, and they raped his wife and 11 and 13 year old daughter. His name is Mortaza, and is a really great guy, I can't tell you how upset this makes me. I understand rocketing us, but raping little girls???? what is wrong with these people?"

I talked to him around 10:15 this morning. They were staying at the office during the rocket attacks because it is made of concrete, as opposed to the plywood huts where they sleep. I haven't had any updates since then. Sometimes it is hard for him to get in touch when the internet is down. I can imagine that rocket attacks might disrupt the internet. I will update you as soon as I hear something.

Please PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!

No comments: