Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 27, 2009

March Blizzard

At around 6:00 last evening, while the temperatures were still in the 60s, I got a call that they cancelled school for Friday. I thought it was a little premature, but sure enough, today we woke up to a blizzard! It is 20 degrees and the winds are blowing 35-50 mph. I am not feeling well and thankfully I listened to my friends' advice and went to urgent care last night instead of waiting for my 9:00am appointment today. The doctors office didn't even open this morning. In fact, I-40 is shut down in both directions and a lot of places didn't open. We talked to Becky and she said there were hardly any customers at Golden Corral and they were going to close up.


On a warmer note, here are some more pictures from our trip to Sea World.

Boys all wet after the Shamu show

On a ride with Daddy


On the Shamu Express roller coaster


Shamu Express


Steven is excited about his "new" hand-me-down bike with traning wheels. Ryan needed a larger bike, so Steven now has a big boy bike. He is so proud.
And now for a Luke update:
He received his passport and visa (FedEx this time, not DHL!). So, barring any more blizzards, he is planning to leave Monday evening. We are all enjoying this extra time with him, and a snow day to boot! I'm just irritated I have to be sick during it. At least I can nap upstairs and he can take care of the boys. And he is taking good care of me. That is nice.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hey! I'm so glad you get some extra time together! I obviously couldn't make it yesterday, but I'll be there on Mon morning. Send me a note on FB or something to let me know how you're doing!