I am done with school! The boys and I are all so happy that summer is here and we get to spend time together. Although to Steven, it won't officially be summer until we are in Costa Rica with Daddy.
Today I got to go to an Autism conference put on by Region 16, the education service center in our region of Texas. Temple Grandin was the key note speaker. She has become very well known for designing cattle chutes and feed lots that don't stress out the cattle. She was pretty severly autistic but has managed to become very successful. She is a professor now, teaching animal science to vet students. Her point was that we need to help a person with autism to develop their interests into something they can do as a profession. I was very impressed by her speaking ability. She was well spoken and funny, despite her talk being a little bit random. The second speaker was also fantastic. She talked about integrating people with special needs into society and how we need to help society see everyone as valuable human beings. There were a lot of educators at the conference, as well as parents. I am excited to go back for the second day tomorrow.
I heard from Luke this morning. I usually get to talk to him every day and it will be nice in the summer because he will be able to talk to the boys too. He said that his boss asked him today how many more days until his vacation. Apparently he is getting pretty grumpy. That seems to be a common problem over there, I can't imagine why!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment