Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 20, 2008

More work updates

Here are a few more work updates from Luke:

"Well, the off field drainage got squashed. One of the huge problems here is the air force guys rotate out every 6 months, so we get new bosses, who have no clue what we are doing, what the priorities are, etc. They are all very short sighted, and want to take the easist route, not necessarilly the best."

"Work continues to be interesting, tomorrow I'm going to tour the MWD (military working dog) compound. They have 46 dogs here that do a wide range of duties from guard, mine detection, and narcotics work. We are going to build them a new kennel, and see what they need. I think that will be pretty neat. I had to go out to the morgue today, they are building a permanent building right next to there existing shack, and the contractor messed up and didn't slope the floor to the floor drain, not good for a morgue. The plywood has absorbed a lot of the morgue smells, pretty rough."

No comments: