General hint. If the marine dentist asks if you want the deadening shots, go ahead and take them. Don't try to be tough. Apparently the guy that did my wisdom teeth ten years ago was really bad. Besides having the stitches rip out, and killing the next tooth causing me to have a root canal, he also left a rather large fragment of tooth behind. It finally worked it's way to the surface, and that's what's been bugging me for the last 4 weeks. The dentist said I could get the three shots, wait for the deadener to take effect, and then have it removed, or hold still for 30 seconds and gut it out. I chose the latter. He split the gum open with a scalpel, got the metal fishhook to grab underneath the fragment and with one big yank pulled it out. Longest 30 seconds of my life. Thank goodness after that he packed it with gauze soaked in deadening stuff. 15 minutes later I was out of there, and feeling great. So glad I will be able to eat normally again.
If I ever see that dentist that did my wisdom teeth again I think I'm going to give him some on the spot dental work.
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment