Luke found out this week that his contract is actually up July 20, not June 20 as he had previously thought. He gets a big bonus if he completes his contract, so he definately wants to do that. Now, as you can read below in his blog, he will probably be coming home even later than that, so he can make his 330 days out of the country. So, sadly, I had to change our countdown. I don't know how accurate the end date is, but that's what we know so far. It was hard to watch it go down from 21% to 17%. Not the direction I want those percentages going!
I would like to thank everyone for your prayers. Thankfully, Luke had no exciting stories this week. And I realized that God has really been giving me peace. I am here alone in this big, old, creaky house, and I haven't gotten nervous at all. Even when Stanley starts barking at some noise he thinks he hears, it doesn't scare me. Thank you Lord!
I also have to share what I found in Ryan's backpack today. He had a paper in there where he wrote "I am thankful for my brother." What a cutie! We are truly blessed with such sweet boys.
One more thing, I wanted to remind everyone that Luke's birthday is coming up on December 17. I think it would really be great if he could get a bunch of cards from family and friends. His address is up at the top of the blog.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this week and that you stop to reflect on all the blessings the Lord has showered upon us all. God Bless!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment