Today was interesting. I had my first real scare today. Like I've said, there is stuff going boom all the time here. They announce over the giant voice PA system when a controlled detonation, or gun range is going to happen. I was driving back from lunch with 2 guys I work with on the perimeter road. There was a huge explosion just on the other side of the fence, 30 feet or so out, and a little ahead of us. It shoved our truck onto the shoulder of the road. About 3 seconds later, there was another explosion. All told, 6 went off right outside the fence where we were driving. When they do controlled detonations, they gather all the mines into one area, and blow them all at once, so when the explosions kept happening we knew we were being mortared. I couldn't decide if we should drive like hell or jump out of the truck or dive in a bunker that was close by. The guy driving took off like a madman and we flew back to the office that is a hardened shelter. Definetly got my heart rate up for about an hour.
THe only other exciting thing is my new do. Figured I'd been sporting the same haircut since about 1989, time to change things up. Didn't realize how stupid I'd look.
x
4 comments:
I like the new Lack of hair do.. LCB...
You look good man. I think you can pull it off. dc
boy you really look like uncle richard now!!!
When we were 16 did you ever think you'd shave your head? I sure didn't know how much I'd have to spend to cover the gray!! To me we will always look like we did in high school college. (It is not too bad of a look, hope your head doesn't get too cold!!)
Post a Comment