Happy Anniversary to my dear husband! We have been married 11 years now. Since I am going to be 33 in a couple of months, I have been married for a third of my life! That seems crazy. I can't say this is my favorite anniversary, but I can say I still love my husband as much as ever. Although I hate this time that we are apart, I do admire Luke for making such a sacrifice for the good of our family. We are completely out of debt and by the time he comes home we will have a fully funded emergency fund as well as a down payment for a house. He has put us in such a better position financially. And if anyone has ever been through hard times financially, you know it is not just about money. It is about peace of mind, freedom to make choices instead of a bunch of "have to"s, and even a better marriage because money worries are not weighing us down.
I believe the old saying is true, absence does make the heart grow fonder. Luke was worried that being on my own here with the kids would make me realize that I don't really need him. And that is partly true, I have surprised myself how strong I can be when I have to be. But what I have also come to realize is although I may not need him as much as I thought I did, I really want him. I am so glad that we have stuck together this long, and I can't wait for our future together!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment