Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 11, 2009

Sad story

From Luke:

"Well it was bound to happen I guess. The first guy I actually knew got blown up. He was a guy from the same home base as the two young lieutenants I work with. He had come over and hung out with us a coupleof times. He worked for EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) and today he was disarming a roadside IED and it went off. He already lost one leg, they are trying to see if they can't save the other. His hands are pretty mangled too. Such a waste. In my opinion the EOD guys are the heroes over here. Forget the seals, rangers, special ops people, they at least get to shoot back at the enemies. These eod guys try to get rid of the ten million mines left by the soviets and all the nasty surprises the taliban leave. Talk about a job with a steep learning curve. "

Please pray for this soldier, Todd Snyder.

1 comment:

suzi said...

Luke

I am so sorry for the injuries and suffering to your friend- U R right he has (had) one of the hardest-most dangerous jobs to do- May God watch over him and let him heal and come home- His road is long and hard-but prayers for him to make the journey

U stay safe too please
Prayers for the safety of you daily

Hugs, Suzi from Tahoe