Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 1, 2009

We're Debt Freeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

We mailed the check today to pay off our very last debt! It took us about 7 years to get in debt, but Luke got us out in 7 months! I wish he would come home now, but he is determined to stay a full year to get the tax break. Now we are saving the rest of the money for a down payment on a house. Luke is really enjoying looking at houses on the internet. He sends me addresses of his favorites so I can look them up. It is a fun thing for us to do "together" while we are apart.

I tried calling into the Dave Ramsey show to scream "We're debt freeeeeeeeeee!", but now you have to leave a message and wait to see if you will get called back. When I called and talked to Dave a few years ago, you just got to talk to him after waiting a few minutes. So I'm screaming on my blog and facebook instead.

Anyway, I can feel the weight off of my shoulders. It feels great! I went out with my friends to celebrate being out of debt and also that my TAKS test is over. I am a happy girl. If only my hubby was here to celebrate too...

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

WOW! That's great! Luke will be home soon... :)

baja said...

That's awesome! Good for you guys!

LaKendria said...

I am soooo........ happy for you. What a great feeling! It won't be long before your precious Luke will be back at home with you and the boys. Congratulations! It may not always turn out the way that we think it will but when we trust in the Lord, He always works things out for our good. Whoo Hoo!