Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

grumbling and grumpy

Lots of news lately, none of it good. First its been raining constantly, so everything is a mud pit again. Nothing like stepping into really cold water in the middle of the night to wake you up!

It looks like we will be kicked out of our huts in early may. That means we will be living in a big tent for probably a month or so. ROws and rows of bunkbeds, and no where to put our stuff. I might wind up putting a cot in my office.

On June 1st we are going to be transferred to a different task force. Currently we work for the group that runs the base I'm at (Bagram) the new group will be in charge of engineering for all the northern half of the country. THe good news is that all the engineers will be under one command, which should make coordination easier between the different groups of engineers. The bad news is we could be travelling off base frequently. Right now I'm a bagram specific asset, and our base leaders don't really want to loan us out to anyone. ONce the change is made, the group will be incharge of engineering all the other little bases, and could very well send us all out to little fobs (forward operating bases)

Oh well, nothing I can do about it. I'm just continuing to plan our Costa Rica excursion and count down the days till June 23rd!

2 comments:

Geoff said...

this showed up in my feed reader as "posted by Christy". I was confused by the 1st two paragraphs until I got to the third and realized that, of course, it was Luke writing. made much more sense then. => I couldn't figure out why Christy was stepping in mud and sleeping in a hut in amarillo!

Geoff

Alyssa said...

Hang in there Luke! We are thinking of you!