Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 20, 2009

Latest from Luke

Luke's email on Friday:

"There was a 15 minute fire fight outside one of the gates tonight, longest one since I've been here. I'm glad we were in our big building. Tom assured me all he heard was small arms, so if I stayed away from the window I'd be fine if a round came our way." Great, that makes me feel so much better!

Also, in regards to the flooding problems they are having over there, "So nice to tell colonels and generals 'I told you so.'" One of the main things they wanted him to address when he went over there was the flooding on the base. But everyone over there is so short sighted, he couldn't get them to do anything because they didn't see any flooding. People that never returned his phone calls before are calling now!

Luke and I are both feeling the separation worse since he went back after spring break. We are trying to focus on counting down the days until our vacation to Costa Rica (61!). The kids seem to be doing fine and they are both also excited about Costa Rica.

1 comment:

Abby said...

We will say lots of prayers for you all. Costa Rica is a fabulous place to be looking forward too. So fun!!