Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More info

I asked Luke for more info about his job off base.

"'ll be leaving tomorrow morning at 8 my time, 1030 tuesday night back home. I have to do a survey of an off base irrigation canal to see if I can tie our areas that flood into it. We will start at the outside fence and then proceed about 2 miles off base to the nearest major road/village where the canal is located. We will come back at night. I have one last day to try to figure out the problems with the fancy survey equipment. if I can get it to work, all we will have to do is drive out to the canal, and take shots up and down the canal. If I can't, and we have to do it old school, I have to traverse the whole distance from the base out to the canal, shoot the canal, and then shoot all the way back to the base. It's a little over 10,000 feet from base to canal. you can do about 500 feet per shot, each shot takes about 30 minutes to set up and do. So that's 20 shots each way, 10 hours, plus time to survey up and down the ditch."

So, he won't be driving far from the base like I thought. That sounds good. The Taliban likes those road side bombs.

In other news, Steven finally got his 3rd sticker for staying in bed at night. (It took about three weeks- not three days!) His prize was a trip to the Dollar Store. He chose some goggles. He knows they are for swimming, but also thinks they are good for driving (MarioKart). He is palnning on wearing them in the bath tub tonight. I also let Ryan choose something, because he stays in bed every night. He chose a water gun. Both of them had Costa Rica in mind when they made their choices.

Steven said the cutest thing a minute ago. He said, "Mama, do you know who my best friend is? My Daddy."


3 comments:

suzi said...

WHAT A CUTEEEE THIS LITTLE MAN IS-------AND I GOT A HAPPY TEAR WHEN HE SAID HIS DADDY IS HIS BEST FRIEND

HUGS AND PRAYERS FROM SUZI AT LAKE TAHOE

suzi said...

LUKE CONTINUE TO STAY SAFE AND KNOW MANY PRAY FOR YOU DAILY-------THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT BLOGS AND PICTURES SUZI--TAHOE

Jennifer Demas said...

Love the pic. TOO Cute!!!!!