From Luke yesterday:
"It's been a crazy day. The surveyors and I went out to the new expansion area, and found a mine! in an area that was supposed to be demined. The good or bad news was it was an anti tank mine, so I wouldn't have to worry about hopping around the rest of my life on one leg, and probably would have never known what happened."
Yikes! I keep telling myself that he is safe there on the base, but I guess there is no place safe in Afghanistan. Luke said the recent rains must have washed dirt away from the top of the mine, that is why they could see it. The Lord truly is watching over him and keeping him safe.
As for us on the homefront, we are enjoying the sound of thunder for the first time since last summer. We have been so dry and windy that we have wildfire warnings every day. So the prospect of rain is very welcome. We've got a little moisture so far, mostly just thunder, but the forecast says chance of more storms tomorrow. It looks like our Easter is going to be in the 50s and rainy. Luckily I didn't buy the boys any cute outfits that they would be too cold in. I always feel so sorry for the little girls in their precious Easter dresses at church, all covered up by their coats!
Happy Resurrection Day to all! We will be going over to Luke's parents house after church. They have offered to do an Easter egg hunt over there. Lucy also bought confetti eggs. Last year it was too cold outside, and she let the kids break the confetti eggs in the house. Richard told me they just found some more confetti the other day, left over from last year. Looks like they are going to have another year of confetti in their house!
I also heard a neat recipe on the radio that I'm going to make with the kids tomorrow. You take a marshmallow (white as snow like sinless Jesus), and roll it in butter, cinnamon, and sugar (representing how the disciples anointed Jesus' body with oil and spices). Then you wrap the marshmallow up in cresent roll dough and seal it tightly (the tomb). After you bake them, the marshmallow is gone and the tomb is empty! Sounds so neat, I hope it works...
Praise God that the tomb was empty and our Lord has risen! Happy Easter!
Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment